I’m a snacker. Always have been, always will be. I think it’s safe to say I also grocery shop way too much.. I’ve mastered the in and out shopping trip. Often this results in the “I don’t need a basket” attitude and find myself juggling an armful of miscellaneous items as I approach the check out, but such is life. And boy am I grateful that I can frequent a beautifully chaotic superstore in my existence! Truly grateful. Which brings me to another thing I am grateful for. My all time favorite snack:
POPCORN. So delicious in so many ways.
What’s my go-to popcorn? Sweet and salty all the way. In fact sweet and salty all the time!!! After all, variety IS the spice of life. Which is why today I made not one, but two outrageously addicting snacks to munch on.
Sweet caramel corn and fiery roasted pumpkin seeds.
And because those two alone weren’t enough I also ushered some of that caramel corn aside to make some chicago style corn as well. If you don’t know what “Chicago Style” popcorn is, you’ve seriously been missing out your entire life. I honestly mean that. It is half caramel corn and half cheesy popcorn tossed up together into a perfect balance of sweet and salty. Just yes.
Now allow me to introduce these spicy roasted pumpkin seeds and hopefully you’ll NEVER throw your pumpkin seeds away again.
Here’s how easy they are to make:
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350F. Start shlepping the guts out of the pumpkin and into a bowl. Attempt to get all the pumpkin strings off of the seeds. Rinse them in a coriander.
- Once clean spread out on baking tray lined with parchment paper or silpat.
- Dredge the seeds with olive oil and sprinkle your seasonings on. For me it was coarse salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne and crushed chili flakes. Nice and simple. Another fave is with garlic and parmesan cheese ’cause, well everything is better with cheese.
- Give the seeds a stir so they are all well coated and pop into the hot oven for 10-15 minutes.
- TRY to let them cool down before chowing down. Enjoy the crunch!